Follow me while I exploit myths about heavy metal music and its listeners, discuss new bands, break-down lyrics,

rate albums, write concert reviews, discuss personal connections to songs, and explain why metal is more than

just “screaming”.


Friday, November 30, 2012

Meet & Greets

Great experiences that are worth the price

Even though certain VIP packages may be more expensive than others depending on the band, most music lovers can agree no price is too steep when it comes to purchasing a meet and greet ticket. Meet and Greets are such great experiences. You are able to meet your idols and depending on the VIP package, sometimes there are other surprises that come along with that shiny lanyard. Here are some of my favorite Meet and Greet experiences I have had over the years...
Shinedown
As I mentioned in a previous post, back in July 2008 I went to Asbury Park to see Staind and Shinedown. I waited in line 8-10 hours and it paid off because I met Aaron Lewis when he was strolling down the board walk (I posted a picture in a previous post).
Not only was I able to meet my all-time idol, but we met some really great people in line and became good friends; what else is there to do with 8-10 hours? As it turns out, these two women behind us who we spend the whole day getting to know, had two extra VIP tickets to meet Shinedown. Because we were so friendly, saved their spot in line when they went to get food or use the bathroom, they gave my ex-boyfriend and I their extra tickets. It was a kind and amazing gesture. I was able to meet the band, get autographs, and a picture. Here is a picture from that day:

 
Aaron Lewis from Staind
Aaron Lewis has been my idol for as long as I can remember. His lyrics speak to me and have gotten me through really hard times. I have lyrics of his tattooed on my body; I have seen Staind a few times and I have also met Aaron twice. The most amazing thing about Aaron is that not only is he amazingly talented, but he is a down-to-earth, genuine man.
Back in February 2010 I went to see Aaron Lewis play an acoustic show and I bought the VIP package. We were allowed in to meet Aaron, to take pictures and to get autographs. Then we were able to listen to Aaron perform his sound check before the show. The small group of VIP ticket holders had our own private little concert. It was the most amazing day of my life. Here is a picture from that day:


As I Lay Dying VIP
Last summer my ex got us free VIP tickets to meet As I Lay Dying and free tickets to see the concert, which included Asking Alexandria, As I Lay Dying, and Slipknot. My ex-boyfriend use to work at a radio station and he could basically call up his old boss anytime and get free tickets to anything he wanted. It was pretty awesome when he surprised me the day before with the tickets. I was more excited to see Slipknot for the first time than for the As I Lay Dying meet and greet; however, it was an amazing experience.

It was a small group of VIP ticket holders. We were brought to a private area with picnic benches and we were given free dinner, t-shirts, and other small collectables. After we all ate, the band entered and spent their time walking around talking to everyone. I had not really listened to much of their music previously to this meet and greet, so I felt pretty stupid when I didn’t know any of their names. This meet and greet was amazing – a band that I barely knew or listened to, were the nicest people I have ever met. They were all so friendly and really down to earth. I was able to get pictures and everything with the band. This experience made me decide I need to get into their music. They are extremely talented and insanely kind, which is something really important to me. Here is a picture of me with the band: 
 
If you have a little extra cash in your pocket when you are searching for a concert to go to, pay the extra money and meet your favorite band. Chances are, it will be the experience of a lifetime, and something you will never forget. You can’t take money with you when you die, so you minds well spend it in the best way possible – and in my opinion, that would be to meet my favorite artists!

No comments:

Post a Comment