Follow me while I exploit myths about heavy metal music and its listeners, discuss new bands, break-down lyrics,

rate albums, write concert reviews, discuss personal connections to songs, and explain why metal is more than

just “screaming”.


Friday, December 14, 2012

Aaron Lewis and Staind

Heavy metal is great, but I cannot deny hard rock

Everyone knows me as the girl who loves heavy metal. Usually my motto is ‘the heavier the better.” Well the music I love does vary and most people don’t know this. I absolutely love heavy metal; however, I love hard rock and alternative rock just as equally.
Staind could be classified as hard rock and they are my favorite band of all time. The few times I have met Aaron Lewis, front man, he was extremely kind and genuine. He is of the most genuine people in this world – everyone who meets him says the exact same thing.
There are a few main reasons why I am in love with Aaron Lewis… Not only does he have an amazing voice and do I find him incredibly sexy, but he is also genuine. With all of that said, I still have not touched upon the number one reason why I love Aaron Lewis and Staind.
Lyrics
The number one reason Staind is my favorite band is because of their lyrics. Aaron’s solo albums and Staind’s albums have gotten me through really hard times in my life. Their lyrics are beautiful, relatable, and creative.
Believe
I went through an extremely hard time in my life. It’s too personal to discuss online; however, one day during this time I turned on the radio and Staind’s song “Believe” was playing. I knew right then and there that someone up in heaven was sending me a message that I was going to be okay. I got the word “believe” tattooed on me and I look at it every single day. This song is a reminder to me of how far I have come and how far I will continue to go. Here are the lyrics:
“Believe”
I sit alone and watch the clock
Trying to collect my thoughts
All I think about is you
And so I cry myself to sleep
And hope the devil I don't meet
In the dreams that I live through
Believe in me
I know you've waited for so long
Believe in me
Sometimes the weak become the strong
Believe in me
This life is not always what it seems
Believe in me
Cause I was made for chasing dreams
All the smiles you had to fake
And all the shit you had to take
Just to lead us here again
I never have the things to say
To make it all just go away
To make it all just disappear
Believe in me
I know you've waited for so long
Believe in me
Sometimes the weak become the strong
Believe in me
This life is not always what it seems
Believe in me
Cause I was made for chasing dreams
It’s my life
It’s my choice
Hear my words
Hear my voice
And just believe
I sit alone and watch the clock
Trying to collect my thoughts
And all I think about is you
If you believe in me
Life is not always what it seems
Believe in me
Cause I was made for chasing dreams
Believe in me
I know you've waited for so long
Believe in me
Sometimes the weak become the strong
Believe in me
This life is not always what it seems
Believe in me
Cause I was made for chasing dreams

Now, to all of my die-hard heavy metal listeners, can you honestly say you blame me for having a soft spot for slow rock songs after reading those lyrics?

No comments:

Post a Comment