Follow me while I exploit myths about heavy metal music and its listeners, discuss new bands, break-down lyrics,

rate albums, write concert reviews, discuss personal connections to songs, and explain why metal is more than

just “screaming”.


Wednesday, October 31, 2012

The Twins of Evil Tour – “From Hell They Came”

Marilyn Manson VS. Rob Zombie


Both Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie are metal icons who are both known for their crazy antics and being completely outrageous. Putting the two icons together for a tour seemed like a great idea at first; however, it appears many feel differently now.
Issues
I find that instead of reuniting the two metal heads in one amazing tour, this tour has only succeeded in requiring fans to choose between one or the other. As a fan of both, I do not want to have to rate the two and compare them against each other. Both Manson and Zombie have tremendous careers and are very successful, but putting two crazy people on tour together takes away from that success.
During one of their recent shows, the two rock-stars got into a fight that made news headlines. Manson and Zombie switch off each show – one band plays first, and the other band plays second. During a show early in October, Manson’s set cut into some of Zombie’s time for his performance. This resulted in Zombie cursing out Manson in one of his songs on stage. The video can be found easily on the internet and spurred up a lot of controversy.
There has been talk about whether the world-wide tour will make it all the way through its entirety.
My concert experience
I have previously seen both Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie on different occasions. I saw Rob Zombie at the Mayhem Festival in Camden, back in the summer of 2010. I recently saw Marilyn Manson in Atlantic City back in May 2012. For both concerts, I thought both Manson and Zombie were absolutely fantastic.

I went to see the Twins of Evil Tour on October 19, 2012. I bought the tickets back in July and was anticipating this show for months. Marilyn Manson took the stage first, and the excitement surging through my body was unreal.
Unfortunately, Manson did not live up to my expectations. He was skipping words, mumbling, and it appeared he was either drunk or just not into the performance. A few songs into the show Manson actually said something to the audience about his mumbling. He acknowledged he was mumbling and asked if anyone could understand a word he was saying. Being more of a Manson fan, I was very disappointed in his performance.
Rob Zombie took the stage and the crowd was extremely excited. He definitely “saved” the show in a way. From the crazy videos playing in the background, to the insane stage props, Zombie put on the show we were all waiting to receive from Manson. I thought Zombie was awesome as usual; however, you can tell he is getting old and seemed a little overwhelmed during the performance.

To be or not to be?
I was so excited for months to attend this concert and to see two of the craziest metal icons tour together. However, because of the drama between the two stars, and because of my own review of the concert, I think maybe the tour was just not meant to be. Both of these men are fantastic metal legends, but because they are both crazy and aggressive, I think maybe they were just not meant to be put together on the same stage.
Some things are just not meant to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment